Thursday, November 19, 2009

I got bored of it didn't I?

Yup, after a paltry month or two I ended up not writing for a very very very long time. It seems like the curiosity didn't last very very long and I think I got bored of it. There is so much that needed to be understood and lets face it, I do not like feeling like a noob all the time. But who am I but just a mortal. One whose appetites and quirks are more unapologetically queer to many. More prone to fault than ever. Very much like a flyaway dustcloud. So easily distracted by the winds whispers, "Come hither, come thither."

(Sorry, I've been reading Shakespeare.)

But it's not as if I've completely shied away from machines. I use my laptop everyday. But merely for entertainment. Not for education and development. Not for the sake of the love of all things technologic. However the most fascinating thing I've done so far last semester was to create a program with a GUI to count the turnaround time and figure out the efficiency of various scheduling methods. I did it in visual basic which was the fastest API to learn. It took me one night. Unfortunately we didn't really have time to figure out how to truly make the core of the code which was the scheduling algorithms. We finished it in two nights.

I should learn NOT to procrastinate.

Another thing that was fairly interesting to do was to make a radio receiver for FM and AM. But then again we bought the bloody kit with all the parts and instructions from a company in the US. We were just too lazy (and not to mention pretty ignorant). If we had to do it by scratch... we'd not know where to start! It was fun to melt lead again. It was just like the Life Skills Electronics class in high school... with a bigger and more complex circuitry. But it was still cheating. We didn't know how to make it "make it" after all. We always didn't know what was wrong with it. (And the capacitor EXPLODED!)

Thats just it for now.

Out~

No comments:

Post a Comment